Yup….you have a photo of your family, pet, landscape or other item and it turned out really well. So, now you’d like to hook it, but you simply don’t feel you can draw, sketch or trace it well enough to do it justice. Here’s a handy website that will let you upload your photos and it will convert it into whatever special effect look you want; even a B/W line drawing.
There are a huge number of options but I’ll give you the very basic steps to do a simple conversion. There are many ways to do this but this is the basic, most straightforward way to get a feel for what this can do.
- Upload a photo to your desktop.
- Go to the Home page of Befunky and click on the “get started” button.
- Chose the option to find a photo from “my computer” and click on the photo you just saved to your desktop.
- Look along the left side and click on the paintbrush icon.
- Click on one of the special effects….in this case click on “Inkify” (this will be able to change your photo to a B/W line drawing).
- You will see two images, click on “Inkify 1” (this is the B/W option)
- Your photo will be transformed into a B/W outline image; you can use the sliders to control details and smoothness. When you are happy with the image, click “apply”.
- The changes will be applied.
- Now look to the upper left where you see the “save & share” option and click it. A new window will open with the location where the new photo will be saved…in this case back to your desktop…..but now your photo will be named befunky (something – whatever it was originally called). Click the save button to save it to your desktop.
- Decide what format you want….probably JPG
- It will now be saved to the desktop and you can look for the “befunky” photo and open it.
- Print it in your usual way…if you use Picasa it will open in Picasa for editing or printing.
Give it a go. It’s a great way to see your own work in a different way but also a great tool for those of us who can’t draw very well or get perspectives “just right”!