Do you “up-cycle”? Learn how to turn your fabric stash into wearable art, decorator items and more using traditional and contemporary techniques.
Places are still available for the workshops next month (Oct. 11 & 12) in Strathalbyn, SA.
Fibre artists who are all members of both the International Guild of Handhooking Rugmakers (TIGHR) and the Australian Rugmakers Guild (ARG) will meet in “Strath” to offer you an interesting weekend of workshops, discussions, and great company!
Don’t miss on your chance to learn this craft or expand your current skills
Click the links for workshop descriptions.
STRATHALBYN RUG HOOKING EXPO
Saturday & Sunday, 11 & 12 October 2014
Town Hall, High St. Strathalbyn, South Australia
- Waldoboro (3D)/ Sculptural hooking; Judi Tompkins Profile Workshop Description
- Hooking an A3 sized facial portrait from a photograph; Portrait Workshop Chris Noorbergen
- Fibre Sculptures; Maggie Whyte Artist Profile & class description
- Braiding Techniques; Kathleen Smith & Barbara Philllips Profile and Workshop Description
- Proddy; Miriam Miller
- Punchneedle Hooking; Jacqui Thomson Profile & Workshop Description
- Dyeing Safely in the Kitchen; Joy Marshall Class Description
- Traditional rug hooking; Jo Franco Profile & Workshop Description
- Toothbrush rug making; Judith Stephens Profile & Workshop Description